ARE YOU A SLACKER
TAKE THIS QUIZ TO FIND OUT....
Circle the answer that most accurately describes you.
1. WHEN SHOPPING IN THE GROCERY STORE, YOU SPEND THE GREATER PERCENTAGE OF TIME IN THE:
A) Fresh fruit and vegetable area
B) The aisle where the Cheeto’s are located
2. FOR LUNCH YOU ARE HAVING A MEATBALL SUB. FOR TOPPINGS YOU CHOOSE:
A) Red and green peppers and onions
B) More meatballs and cheese
3. YOU DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES:
A) Occasionally or never
B) More than 4 drinks per week
4. YOU EXERCISE:
A) At least 6 days per week
B) Zero to three days per week
5. WHEN YOU GET STRESSED YOU ARE MORE LIKELY TO:
A) Be mindful of your stress and do something to relax
like yoga, meditation, going for a walk with your dog, listen to calming music, punch the heavy bag
B) You “tea-kettle” at the people around you AND/OR eat a half bag of oreo cookies
6. TO GET YOUR BODY STRONGER:
A) You do bicep curls, bench presses and some other weight lifting exercises.
B) You combine core strength and flexibility with your weight bearing exercises.
7. THE YEARLY REGULARITY OF MY EXERCISE PROGRAM IS AS FOLLOWS:
A) I start exercising in January and continue through the year with only occasional stops
B) I start January 2nd and stop January 10th. I start again February 1st and end February 6th. I start in June for bathing suit season and stop June 3rd. I re-start again the following January.
8. I SPEND A GREATER MAJORITY OF MY TIME:
A) Sending texting messages
B) Vigorously exercising combined with body maintenance
9. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARTICLES ARE YOU MOST LIKELY TO READ?
A) Healthy cooking tips
B) How to get lyposuction and a butt lift
You are NOT a slacker if you answered as follows:
1) A 2) A 3) A 4) A 5) A 6) B 7) A 8) B 9) A Remember...
a slackers quality of life is lacking...
due to slacking.
Let Bare Knuckle Murphy’s show you how to be the Champ
1. Never think all or nothing, winner and loser. Only one hand goes up at the end of the fight. We don’t even think that way when we compete in the ring. Maybe the other guy’s hand goes up....but there are always a ton of things we have done well. We look at the things we did correctly and learn by our mistakes. Otherwise many people would quit after a loss. Why do you think 80% of people give up on their new year’s resolutions before the end of the year? If you think all or nothing you will feel like a loser and quit. We will never give up on you. We know you can win!
2. Don’t try to achieve your goal by yourself. Make it public that you are setting a goal. Tell people what your goal is and ask if they will help you achieve it. People will get on your team. They will be less likely to put temptations in front of you, and help cheer on your successes.
3. Let our coaches help you with motivation. Studies show we have a limited amount of willpower just like we have a limited amount of muscular endurance during exercise. Acknowledging this is important. Our coaches are positive and inspiring. We will help give you motivation so you can use your willpower for fighting Slacker.
4. Willpower is trainable. We are here to help strengthen your willpower. We offer fun interesting exercise. By making it to a class you like regularly, you will soon find you have strengthened your overall willpower. Starting with a small goal can make a big difference in your health.
5. Think ahead and be offensive in the battle against Slacker. Just like in the ring....don’t let your opponent control the fight. Take charge and make it “YOUR” fight. Set up your life to minimize temptations. Surround your self with people who like to be healthy.
6. Never set yourself up for deprivation. Setting small realistic goals like losing 1/4 pound per week is much more likely to bring success than starving and having no energy for discipline.
7. Make a contract and put down some money. This will get you to stick to your word. It’s true! We will have a coach motivate you to reach your goals.
8. Be tenacious. Even if you have a few set-backs on your path to your goals, be positive about your progress. Every time Slacker throws a punch, come back with two of your own.